Covering a broad field, biotechnology is a classic cross-sectional technology – your studies will bring you face to face with biology and biochemistry but also with physics, chemistry, process engineering, materials science and IT. Essentially, it is all about applying science and technology to living organisms in order to develop new drugs but also to manufacture everyday products more efficiently. Are you ready to delve deeper into the place where enzymes, cells and organisms meet technical applications?
Your apprenticeship at IDT
What you’ll learn with us
At Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen, wide-ranging courses will teach you all the necessary fundamental chemical and physical knowledge as well as biology, biochemistry, cell culture technology, gene technology and bioprocess engineering. However, your course will also feature business administration and mathematics. You’ll then specialise, learning in-depth content covering biotechnical processes and bioprocess engineering. You’ll apply your new expertise mainly in our bacteriological quality control department, one of the most cutting-edge in the whole industry. You can look forward to a wide range of biopharmaceutical analyses and some exciting research and vaccine production projects.
What you’ll bring to us
- Technical abilities
- Manual dexterity
- Foreign-language skills
- Strong visualisation skills, including in three dimensions
- An awareness of safety
- Technical abilities
Your prospects at IDT
- An extremely interesting dual course with a state-of-the-art company – because we’re only interested in smart minds that are at home on the cutting edge.
- An attractive training bursary plus fringe benefits – because you’ll be doing great things with us and that has to be rewarded, doesn’t it?
- A very good chance of a contract afterwards and excellent career prospects – giving you security as you plan for your next step while completing your first.
- Working as part of a strong team who are happy to have you – a company where ideas can come together and everyone can join in making them a reality.
- The perfect mix of theoretical specialist knowledge taught at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen and real-life practical experience provided on the company’s premises in Dessau.