Biology is the school of life – and, as a trainee Biology Lab Technician (m/f) with us, you will experience up close what it can do on even the smallest of scales. Specifically, you will be examining microorganisms and cell cultures in microscopic detail to further the research and development of new drugs. As well as a love of science, you will also need diligence and finesse. Are you ready to make your first major discoveries under the microscope?
Your apprenticeship at IDT
What you’ll learn with us
We’ll show you not only how to plan a wide range of research and drug development experiments but also how to bring everything together coherently. Experienced biologists, chemists and veterinary surgeons will be on hand to help and advise you. You will test the various active substances in a series of experiments on microorganisms, cell cultures and lab animals. You will pay close attention at every step of the process and record the outcome of your experiments right down to the tiniest detail. We will show you how to use lab-specific IT software to analyse and evaluate your results
What you’ll bring to us
- Scientific knowledge
- A commercial aptitude
- Technical abilities
- Three-dimensional perception
- A positive attitude to cooperating with others
- Scientific knowledge
Your prospects at IDT
- An extremely interesting training course with a state-of-the-art company – because we’re only interested in smart minds that are at home on the cutting edge.
- An attractive training bursary plus fringe benefits – because you’ll be doing great things with us and that has to be rewarded, doesn’t it?
- A very good chance of a contract afterwards and excellent career prospects – giving you security as you plan for your next step while completing your first.
- Working as part of a strong team who are happy to have you – a company where ideas can come together and everyone can join in making them a reality.
- The perfect mix of theoretical specialist knowledge taught at the vocational college in Radebeul and real-life practical experience provided by the Saxony Training Association for Environmental Protection and the Chemical Professions (Sächsische Bildungsgesellschaft für Umweltschutz und Chemieberufe - SBG) in Dresden.